We are delighted to be able to offer a new position within our Domestic Abuse Service. Posts are funded by Steve Morgan Foundation and Department of Culture, Media and Sport as part of the Community Match Challenge, government’s £750million support package for charities.
To oversee the responsibility and delivery of the Lighthouse Team – Community Domestic Abuse Centre on a day to day basis, the service manager will support, motivate and develop staff ensuring the services are delivered to the highest standards at all times.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake line management responsibility for the provision of supervision & case management for the Lighthouse team with the responsibility for your own complex case management.
- Ensure that frontline services are delivered to a high standard at all times, and in accordance with domestic abuse national standards and best practice.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Develop, update and manage all safeguarding policies for the organisation.
- Represent the organisation within strategic, multi-agency and community partnerships.
- Ensure that the service complies with relevant legislative requirements including: health and safety legislation, data protection, equal opportunities, child and adult safeguarding.
- Deliver safeguarding training to the organisation as requested by the CEO/Deputy CEO.
- Ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation occurs, including the collection of intake/exit and qualitative data, to inform service and strategic development, funders and commissioners.
“100% of our employees at Involve Northwest feel valued and supported in their job roles”
(Independent Employee Staff Survey 2018)
If you are interested in this role, please download and complete the application pack below and return it to email@example.com.
Please note: If you do not make it clear on the application form how you fulfil these “Essential Attributes” we will assume you do not have the necessary knowledge/experience/skills or qualifications.
For more information, please contact us on 0151 644 4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th December 2020
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then it is likely that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however please do not be discouraged from applying again.
|Salary||£35,000 per annum|
|Working Hours||Full Time - 35 Hours per Week|
|Working Days||Monday - Friday & 1 Saturday per month|
|Reporting to||CEO Involve Northwest|
|Location||Royal Standard House, Rock Ferry|