Involve Northwest is an innovative, community-based organisation.
We are looking at expanding our Community Connectors team, helping people to expand networks and knowledge of their local area and feel part of and socially connected within their community.
- Full Time: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- Start date: June 2021
- Duration: Fixed Term until 31st May 2022
- Funded by: Public Health
- Location: Royal Standard House, Rock Ferry
80% of this job will involve connecting at a local (street/neighbourhood) level in the community.
Qualities and Attributes of a Connector
- Flexible, adaptable and a good active listener, with good communicative & inter personal skills.
- An understanding of social isolation, health and wellbeing and some of the challenges that can be faced by different community members.
- Actively support the local ‘track, trace and support system’ to ensure that follow up engagement activity is available across all twenty two Wirral wards.
- Explore social support needs and encourage and motivate individuals to access local community activity provision to improve individual well-being.
- Ability to priorities daily tasks, weekly work load and good time management skills.
- Provide individuals with up to date information and appropriate support by signposting / referring individuals to mainstream healthy living and other relevant local services.
- Team player with and open and honest manner with the ability to develop and build on effective relationships with individuals and stakeholders
- Additional duties may be required to be carried out in responding to the current pandemic as and when needed.
- A driving license and the daily use of a car is desirable.
- To ensure you represent the charity in the best manner at all times.
If you are interested in this role, please download and complete the application pack below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you do not make it clear on the application form how you fulfil these “Essential Attributes” we will assume you do not have the necessary knowledge/experience/skills or qualifications.
For more information, please contact us on 0151 644 4500 or email email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 2021 at 5pm
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 26th April 2021.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then it is likely that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however please do not be discouraged from applying again.