|Status||Fixed Term Contract until January 2023|
|Hours Per Week||
5 x Full Time - 35 Hours per Week
1 x Part Time - 28 Hours Per Week
Community Connectors are part of the local aspiration to move towards stronger residents and neighbourhoods: the Community Connectors work with individuals and communities building on the Asset Based Community Development work in the borough. Connectors work on what is ‘strong and not what is wrong’
Community Connectors serve as that missing link for some people to access the things they need, to feel able to move forward and look to achieve goals and improve their well-being. Community Connectors can explore the best ways to link residents into local services and activities, at the speed of trust.
80% of this job will involve connecting and door knocking at a local (street & neighbourhood) level in the community.
- Support the identification of people’s dreams and aspirations for their community including families and children, and then supporting people to identify the community assets that will help those dreams be realised.
- Identify local informal groups and associations and build relationships, encouraging collaboration between organisations and residents
- Engage a multitude of individuals who are striving to build community; better connect residents together in purposeful and meaningful social activity, volunteering and civic endeavour
- Support local natural connectors and act as a resource in bringing them together.
- To work in line with set contract targets.
Qualities and Attributes of a Community Connector:
- Flexible, adaptable and a good listener.
- An understanding of social isolation, health and wellbeing and some of the challenges that can be faced by different community members.
- Team player with an open and honest manner.
Interviews will be held on week commencing 2nd December 2019.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then it is likely that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however please do not be discouraged from applying again.